What is North Carolina Pre-Kindergarten (NC Pre-K) Program?
NC Pre-K, formerly known as More at Four, is a state-funded, community-based, voluntary pre-kindergarten initiative designed to prepare at-risk four-year-olds in North Carolina for success in school. NC Pre-K is provided at no cost to eligible families and children who are not currently enrolled in a child care setting that meets NCPK requirements.NC Pre-K is offered from 8:00am to 2:30pm for 10 months and generally follows the Lee County Schools’ calendar for attendance.
What Does NC Pre-K Offer?
- Full school day, full year program that meets high-quality state standards
- High-quality child care centers, with certified teachers and state approved curriculum
- Small class size with two teachers
- Family support regarding developmental screening and placement for children with special needs
- Kindergarten transition coordination to support families and children as a child moves from pre-kindergarten to kindergarten
- Focus on the child, as well as the whole family
- Health and nutritional information for families
Is My Child Eligible?
Children must be 4-years-old by August 31st of the current school year to be eligible.
Other criteria include:
- Family gross income
- Military dependents
- Limited English Proficiency
- Identified disability (IEP)
- Chronic Health Condition(s)
- Developmental/Educational Need
- How Do I Register?
We will begin accepting applications for 2018-19 school year. Applications will be accepted by appointment only. Please call 919.774.9496 for an appointment and have the following ready to review:
- Child’s Original Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency (Utility Bill, Cable Bill, etc. - Photo ID's and/or Driver's License NOT accepted)
- One Month Proof of Income (pay stubs, tax return, employer verification)
The following documents are also needed only if they apply to you:
- Documentation of your child's IEP
- Documentation of Child Support
- DSS Child Care Subsidy Voucher
- Lee County Partnership for Children Child Care Subsidy Voucher
NC Pre-K Waiting List
Our goal is to serve every eligible child in Lee County. Unfortunately, there are limited NC Pre-K spots. Names of eligible children who have not received placement will be placed on a NC Pre-K waiting list. We know how disappointing this may be. We will contact you immediately if a spot becomes available for your child.
2018-2019 Lee County NC Pre-K Sites:
Abundant Life Children’s Center 1715 Spring Lane Sanford,NC 27330
Blandonia Child Development Center 402 S Horner Blvd Sanford, NC 27330
Broadway Elementary 307 S Main St Broadway, NC 27505
Childcare Network 1309 Washington Ave Sanford, NC 27330
Church of God of Prophecy 628 Scott Ave Sanford, NC 27330
Ken Le Child Care Center 3009 Cameron Drive Sanford, NC 27332
Kiddie Land Daycare 912 Broadway Road Sanford, NC 27330
Shooting Stars Learning Center 152 Charlotte Ave Sanford, NC 27330
Stepping Stones Children’s Center 1550 Kelly Drive Sanford, NC 27330
Warren Williams Child Development Center 901 Lawrence Street Sanford, NC 27330