Smart Start Child Care Subsidy
The Smart Start Child Care Subsidy program is designed to assist families, with children ages birth to five, who live in Lee County and need help paying for child care to attend work, or school.
To qualify for Smart Start Subsidy you must meet the following eligibility guidelines:
- Child(ren) age 0-5 years not enrolled in kindergarten, or Headstart
- Child(ren) whose parent(s) live in Lee County.
- Child(ren) whose parent(s) work full or part time.
- Child(ren) whose parent(s) attend college for higher education/job training.
- Child(ren) whose parent(s) meet established income guidelines.
- Parents must choose a 4 or 5-star licensed facility listed on the Lee County Partnership For Children referral list.
- Parents are required to pay a parent fee directly to the child care center. Fees are based on the family’s monthly income and family size.
Smart Start Subsidy is available as funding permits.
Download Smart Start child Care Subsidy Application HERE.
Submitting inaccurate information, or falsifying documents to quality for Smart Start Child Care Subsidy assistance may result in immediate termination and/or possible legal action.
“Before I received a voucher from LCPFC, I was only able to work part-time, because finding someone to watch my children was difficult. Now that I have a voucher I work full time. Child care is no longer an issue. My children have grown so much more being in a child care setting. I see their development improving every day. Thank You.”
~ Parent of an 8-month old and a 3-year old receiving subsidy funds.