Job Title: NC Pre-K Support Specialist Reports To: Program Manager
Classification: Contract up to 20 hours per week Department: NC Pre-K
Position Available: October 1, 2017 Job Family: Professional
The Lee County Partnership for Children (LCPFC) is a comprehensive public/private initiative to help all Lee County children enter school healthy and ready to succeed. This service delivery organization is looking for the most capable and qualified individual to fill the position as described.
The NC Pre-K Specialist provides support to Lee County’s eight NC Pre-K sites in the areas of preventing suspension and expulsion of NC Pre-K students, providing support to English Language Learners and their teachers, and serving as a mentor to teachers working toward permanent B-K licensure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Provide support to teachers as they implement the CSEFEL model to ensure the social emotional developmental needs are met for NC Pre-K children
- Provide support to English Language Learners as well as their parents and teachers using a variety of methods including classroom resources, lesson plan development, communication methods, etc.
- Collaborate with the EESLPD office to assist local newly/lateral licensed teachers as they work toward permanent licensure
- Coordinate with LCPFC Early Care and Education Specialists to maximize service and support to NC Pre-K children and sites
- Assist facilities with the development and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures
- Provide onsite training for facilities based on needs in the above mentioned areas
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Birth-Kindergarten or related field; 2-year work experience working in a child care or preschool setting; B-K licensure mandatory
Computer Skills: Proficiency in computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheets, email; Microsoft Office 2007
Resumes are to be forwarded to Lindsay Tipton, Program Manager, at email@example.com. Position remains open until filled.
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRES, PLEASE. The Lee County Partnership for Children is funded by Smart Start and NC Pre-kindergarten programs, private sector grants, and donations. LCPFC is an equal opportunity employer.